Tuesday, December 10, 2013

One Month Old

Oh boy, this month has flown by!  Most of it is really fuzzy in my memory.  But one thing I know for sure is that I can't stop kissing this little guy!

This is his official one month picture that I took yesterday. Don't you just want to eat him up?  I do!


 Other stuff that's been going on:
Megan and Cliff came for Thanksgiving!  It was a perfect weekend, and just what I needed after having been without my mom and Lisa for over a week.  They cooked a lot for us and they are GOOD cooks.  And I nearly didn't let then leave at all because Megan has some kind of magic touch that would calm Zane down when he was crying.  He loves his Aunt Megan for sure!




Daddy and Zane get to hang out at night time.  Zane is awake in this picture but he usually sleeps peacefully for a long time in Mike's arms like this in the evenings.  



Zoe holds Zane every chance she can get.  She can't wait until I will let her walk around carrying him.  Sorry girlfriend, it's going to be a while!



We had a major ice storm over the weekend that knocked out our electricity for 40 hours.  Mike put up a tent in the family room and we all hung out in there ALL. DAY. LOOOOOONG. to use our body heat to keep us warm.  It worked.  Zane was nice and cozy!



Zoe and I taking a break from coloring and reading in the tent.  



Aunt Rachel and Uncle Jim saved the day!  I made the icy trek and drove the kids to Jim and Rachel's house Friday night. Grandpa and Viki went too.  It was a scary drive!  But well worth it because Jim and Rachel's house was so warm, Rachel made us all hot chocolate and fed us a warm dinner that night, then made sure the house stayed nice and warm all night so that we could all get a good night sleep.  Yay for Rachel!  Mike stayed home to watch the house Friday night but then joined us on Saturday to thaw out.  Saturday evening all of our electricity came back on so we made the long, scary, icy trek back home to warm it back up.  Zoe's school was canceled for two and a half days. Whoa!  We lost two trees from the heavy ice (they snapped in half and fell into the yard) but the temperature is finally above freezing today and I can hear the ice melting as I type this up.  Yay for the sun!  I think I want to move further down south.  Maybe Hawaii.  It doesn't get cold there, right?!

2 comments:

  1. I'll go to Hawaii too! That's crazy about the ice storm and power outage. Glad you were able to stay warm. Zane is SO cute!!! I can't wait to see him again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, in the top and bottom pictures I can see a touch of Zoe in Zane. Megan, you are always so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete