Wednesday, February 17, 2010

John and Ally's Wedding

My little oogly bear brother, John, is married! Ally is such a lucky girl! And we just love Ally--welcome to the family!

Mike, Zoe, and I began our trek down to Houston last Thursday afternoon. We picked a great day to drive down there. Why, you might ask? Because it was the one day that Dallas got the most snow in history. And we drove through it! It's normally a four hour drive down to Houston. But on Thursday after we had been driving for four hours, and the snow was only getting worse, and we were the only car on the road, and we couldn't even tell if we were for sure on the road, and we were still only half way there, we decided to stop at a hotel for the night. Good decision! The snow kept coming while we were safely tucked away in Fairfield, TX. On Friday the snow was gone and the roads were clear so we finished our trip and got to Houston safely.

Okay, now on to the fun stuff.

We met with John and Ally (and Mike's mom, my Dad, and my step-mom) for lunch on Friday. Don't they look so cute and excited?!




Then later that night some of the family met at Adam and Jen's for dinner. This is Mike, Jen, Joel, Abner, and Marie.



Grandpa and Zoe having way too much fun.



The night before the wedding. Party on people.




John chillaxing the night before his wedding!



At the wedding! I L-O-V-E this picture of Megan, Lisa, and Jen! Don't they all look so great?!



Zoe and Grandma keeping each other warm.



Yay! Congratulations!



Get a room!



I love this picture too. Look at the way Ally is looking at John! So sweet!



Ally, John, Mom, and Eddy.



Scott, Lisa, and Jen.



It's a good thing Mike brought his scarf! It was cold!



The gang. All my brothers, sisters, parents, and one set of my grandparents.



Scott, Adam, and AJ.



I love it! Megan probably just said something funny.



After the wedding we headed to the church for lunch. Somebody (I think Lisa) made the mistake of asking, "How should we set up the chairs?". Hello! It's a wedding AND it's the day before Valentines Day...they need to be in a heart! I think I was the only one who thought it was a great idea.



Scott and Zoe enjoying some Strawberry Shortcake stickers and coloring book.



At the reception. It had been a long day for Zoe. She enjoyed much of the reception sleeping in Mike's arms.



Megan, Lisa, Jen, and I warning Ally about what she just got herself into.



Uncle Tom, the photographer. He is ALWAYS smiling!



AJ and me!!!



Great Cake! Great Scott!



The girls! Lisa, Jen, Ally, Me, Megan.



All the kids (except Travis...grad school wouldn't let him off the hook).



All the originals...me and my siblings: AJ(19), Adam(28), Lisa(27), John(22), Scott(31), Melanie(30), Megan(26). Or something like that. I probably got all of their ages wrong. Mine is correct.



The originals plus Dad. He's an original too.



Cute family!



Me and Aunt Jan.



Jen, Aunt Jan, Cousin Kristen, Me, Lisa, Megan

5 comments:

  1. That was so much fun! Let's do it again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so pretty! Love that purple color!

    PS: Driving in snow coming down like that is very scary. I'm glad you guys stopped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many new posts, Ralstons! It was great to see you guys and celebrate this wedding! They are such a sweet couple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Lisa--let's do it again. Who's next?

    (Adam is 29--I can't believe you don't know how old your own brother is)..:P

    ReplyDelete