Tuesday, September 24, 2013

32 Week Appointment

I had my 32 week appointment yesterday and guess what?!  The baby is measuring 8 days ahead of schedule!  When the technician told us this (during the ultrasound) Mike and I were seriously like, "What?!  Excuse me, what did you just say?!"  We can't believe it.  Yay!  

Everything seems to still be going well.  The left kidney is a little bit enlarged.  It's still within the normal range, just at the very top of the normal range.  But my doctor said that this can be very normal and most likely will not mean anything so I shouldn't worry about it.  We will do one more ultrasound closer to the end of the pregnancy to take another look at the kidney (and to measure the baby again).  If the kidney is still enlarged, then after he is born the pediatrician will do an ultrasound on it to see what is going on.  But the doctor told me not to worry yet and I promised her I wouldn't.  So I won't.  Mostly.  

On a side note, the baby is head down and the doctor thinks that he will probably stay that way for the remainder of the pregnancy because there isn't a whole lot of room left in there for him to make major shifts.  
P.S. I'm pretty sure he has dance parties in my belly during the night.  I'm kind of worried about what these parties will mean once he's born!  


This is the baby's profile.  

This is a picture of the baby's face.  He looks like he has a pig nose.

Another picture of the face straight on.  

32 weeks!
Sweet Zoe moment:  Mike and Zoe were with me for the ultrasound yesterday.  During the appointment I decided that I wanted a flu shot.  As soon as the nurse came in with the needle, Zoe jumped off of Mike's lap, walked over to me, took my hand and said, "Don't be scared Mom. I'm here."  :)

1 comment:

  1. So glad things are going so well for you! What a sweet little Zoe you have there!

    ReplyDelete