Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Baby Shower!

Some of my girlfriends threw me a baby shower on Saturday and they COMPLETELY spoiled me!  I'm so lucky to have such great friends!  It was a superhero themed party (to go along with the superhero theme that we're doing in the nursery).  So everything was blue, red, and yellow.  I have to admit that I'm still not used to the idea of having a boy.  When I first walked into the house my thoughts were, where is the pink?!  :)  I'll get used to it soon.  Really soon.

Huge thank you to Viki for letting us have the shower at your beautiful house!    


This is the table of snackies.  SO YUM.

And this is the table to treats.  Double SO YUM.  They had all of my favorite things.

The girls!  Becca, Kirstin, Ashley, and me!  They are the best!

Becca inspecting the baby bump.  (and Ashley watching!)

Emma and Zoe giving me some loves.  They are both SO excited for the baby.

Grandma and Sophie.  Sophie looks like she's not too sure about what's going on.


These two cuties loved all of the food too.

We played a game where everybody had to cut a strand of yarn the length that they thought would fit perfect around my belly.  It was really funny!  Some people's were WAY too short and some were WAY too long.  Caralee (the girl in the sweater that Becca is measuring with) won.  She got really close!
  

I told you I got spoiled!!!

We played another game where we all had to smell or taste (nobody tasted!) jars of baby food (the labels had been removed).  Then we had to guess what the flavor was.  It was really hard.  I only got two out of seven right.  Hahaha!  Even Zoe and Emma beat me!  Jillane got ALL of them right!  It's totally because she has a baby that's eating baby food right now so she's very familiar with all of the flavors.

Love this!!!

Jillane and my Mubeen.  Mubeen is and always will be one of my greatest friends.

  

Emma and Zoe were my helpers during gift opening.

Lisa and baby Julia (and DeeDee in the background).

Another one of me and my helpers.

Zoe has two blankets wrapped around her the Ashley MADE!  I love them!  I have very crafty friends.  I do not share their talent.

I guess this was my reaction when I saw the gift card from Lisa and Travis.  :)
Did I mention that I got spoiled?!  

Two happy happy girls!

Emma came over to play at our house for the rest of the day after the shower.  Zoe was in HEAVEN because first she got to play with Sophie, Julia, Lisa, and Grandma.  And then she got to play with Emma.  They make beautiful music by the way.  :)  

2 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! Congratulations!! Boys are really great.

    Jenna-who-cannot-remember-any-passwords-today

    ReplyDelete