Thursday, October 31, 2013

37 Week Appointment

I had my 37 week appointment on Monday!  I have now gone from being worried that the baby will come early and being concerned that it will have growth problems to feeling completely relaxed and knowing I'm at the point where it's okay if the baby were to come any time now.  It's a good feeling.

We had one final ultrasound on Monday.  The main reason for it was to check the baby's left kidney.  During my last ultrasound, the kidney was swollen a little so my doctor needed to take a look this week so we could know if an ultrasound needs to be done on the baby once he is born.  Well, the kidney is even more swollen and is now just barely out of the 'normal' range. It's still not crazy big and my doctor said that this happens and a lot of times it will go away on its own.  So she said I still shouldn't worry about it.  BUT...the baby will need to have an ultrasound done in the hospital once he's born so that the pediatrician can take a look and have a good baseline to start watching it.

We're good now at dealing with things not expected and not wanted (....Russell Silver Syndrome, growth hormones, etc.) so we'll just deal with whatever kind of craziness this cutie pie will have in store for us.

During the ultrasound we also got some measurements on the baby.  During the last ultrasound he was measuring 8 days ahead of schedule.  It looks like things have slowed down and now he is measuring right on schedule.  The doctor said that it looks like we are going to have an average sized baby.  Whoo-hoo!  I keep thinking that this means our baby is going to be HUGE.  But I have to remember that Zoe was EXTRA small and an average sized baby is still really tiny.

My pregnancy induced carpel tunnel syndrome is still in full force.  My fingers are numb all the time.  I can't hold on to things.  My arms often hurt all the way from my shoulder to my number finger tips.  It's really weird and crazy stuff.  And I don't care about it at all because I'm getting a baby and Zoe is getting a sibling out of this!  My only concern is that the numbness and pain will be so bad still once I deliver that I won't be able to hold the baby.  Once I have the baby though, I can take medicine for the pain.  But what if my hands are still numb?  So we'll just wait and see what happens.

The varicose veins seem to have stopped growing.  Thank goodness!  Geez, I'm glad I can preserve some kind of normal-ness in my legs!  :)

So, now I have about two weeks left until the c-section date.  I'm trying really hard to take it easy.  But I'm also trying really hard to have the house and everything else ready for the baby and for visitors.

Oh also, the doctor said that the baby has dropped (meaning he's in position for delivery).  But here's the thing....I totally get that he is WAY down there because I can feel him pushing around on my bladder and stuff.  But he's also still WAY up there because I can feel and see him moving around way high at the top of my belly and into my ribs and in my stomach and stuff.  So, I think he's just taking up a lot of room in my short torso.  But I like the idea that he really did drop anyways....it sounds cool and official.

Mike, Zoe, and I are pretty much just SO EXCITED we can't even contain it any more.  I've been telling Zoe, as a point of reference, that the baby won't come until after Halloween.  Well, TODAY IS HALLOWEEN!  So she's beyond excited that the baby can come any time.

P.S. I have pregnancy brain SO bad.  I mean...really really bad.  I don't even know if this post will make sense.  But hopefully you'll get the idea...

37 weeks

3 comments: