Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Christmas 2013

This Christmas was kind of a blur.  Between having Zane (and still recovering from the c-section)
 and the craziness of Mike switching to a new job, we were in full-on survival mode.  We got the Christmas tree up just in the nick of time.  And we only found mine and Mike's stockings.  So Mike ran to the dollar store and got two matching stockings for Zoe and Zane.  It's a good thing Zoe is so easy to please!  We think/hope that Zoe had a great Christmas and we think/hope she didn't notice that Mike and I just didn't have our minds into it this year.  We tried really hard to make it a great season for her.  We spent the week after Christmas visiting family and that was a really great and much needed break from reality for a while.  Here are a few pictures that I remembered to take:
  

 Zoe mostly made these cookies all by herself with just a little bit of help from me.  She even rolled the dough!


 They turned out delicious!  I'm pretty sure they were the best Christmas cookies I have ever had.


 This was the day of Zoe's Christmas party at school.  I checked the weather before leaving and it was 60 degrees.  So I dressed myself and Zane accordingly.  By the time I parked near the school it had dropped all the way down to 40 degrees!  That happened in about a 10 minute window.  Crazy!  Well, I had to park about a quarter mile away from the school and when I got there I noticed everybody pouring out of the school.  What?!  Were they having some kind of a Christmas program outside?  But it's so cold!  Nope, one of the 5th grade classes had accidentally set off the smoke alarm and the school was being evacuated.  The poor kids had to stand outside until the fire department gave the all clear.  There were kids in shorts and t-shirts, poor things!  I'm so glad I got there in time to keep my arms wrapped around Zoe while she waited outside (Zane was nice and warm in his stroller).  


 Zoe making an ornament and enjoying some hot chocolate at her class party.


 Zane did NOT have fun at the party.  He woke up from his nap and wanted to eat RIGHT. NOW. 


 Christmas eve traditional cousins pajama picture!  (Emma was at home sick)


Christmas morning.  Santa came!  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment